Banana week continues…The kids so love the super healthy Date Almond Smoothies we made over March BreACK! that we’ve been making them regularly ever since! As the weather has turned warmer, we’ve even started throwing a few cups of ice into the blender to make “Date Almond Frosties.” This summer, we decided to go the distance and make our original recipe into freezie pops. These particular freezer pops happen to be made with the BPA-free ring pop molds we picked up at our local dollar store, which makes them even more kid-friendly.
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
Date Almond Smoothie Freezer Pops
- 4 sweet pitted medjool dates soaked in warm water for at least 15 minutes and drained
- 1 tbs unsweetened smooth almond butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup cold milk or unsweeted nut or rice milk [we used almond milk]
- 1/3 - 1 tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into freezer pop molds, add sticks, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
for summer "frosty drinks," add 1-2 cups of ice to your blended beverage and blitz some more