The kids are at zoo camp this week, so I snuck in a little canning in their absence…
They’ve been enjoying this pink jelly on their toast. It’s also pretty tasty on a little arrowroot biscuit!
PINK LEMONADE JELLY
- 1.5 c water
- 4.5 cups sugar
- 1 foil pouch liquid pectin
- And one of the two following combinations:
- 1 c lemon juice from about 5-6 lemons
- 1/2 c strained pulverized raspberries from 1.5 c raspberries from about 1 1/2 c raspberries
- 1 1/2 c lemon juice from about 7-8 lemons
- 4-8 drops red or neon-pink food colouring
- Sterilize 5 half-pint canning jars and prepare a boiling water bath for canning.
- Juice the lemons into a bowl over a mesh strainer until you have 1 cup [or 1.5 cup] of fresh lemon juice.
- Pulverize the raspberries in a food processor and pass through a mesh strainer into the container of lemon juice until you have 1.5 cup total juice [or add food colouring to the lemon juice].
- Combine juice, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add liquid pectin and return to a boil.
- Boil hard for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Ladle liquid into warm, sterilized canning jars, leaving about 1/4-in headspace.
- Remove bubbles and foam from the top with a small spoon.
- Add warm lids and rims and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Let jelly jars cool and set for 24 hours.
If you liked this recipe, you’re bound to LOVE our Amazing Pink Lemonade Cream Bars!!